Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday at Four in the Morning

I have been awake for awhile. My breathing technique that usually puts me to sleep has not been working. I can hear an ambulance somewhere west of here. The cats are unsettled, the weather is unsettled. Earlier I was reading and the power flickered. It was absolute darkness for a moment.

I have a bad relationship with 4am. These past few weeks I see 4:00 one way or another. At first I woke up at 4:00, which was annoying, but not terrible. Now I wake up at 1:00 or 2:00 and don't nod off again until after 4:00. I feel exhausted right now, but not tired. There's so much to think about. I need to start packing. I'm making a mental list of all the things I can pack now. Books, pictures, most of the things on the walls. Should I try to bring my cacti along?

If you can shove through all of the worry and anxiety you can see that I am truly happy. I will get to be near Caite. I will be able to start fresh with a new job. C and I will be able to move forward with our lives. This is the beginning of our adventure.

1 comment:

Amerikan Rambler said...

Sorry you didn't sleep well last night, Bun. Seems like when I sleep well, you don't. And vice versa. Sometimes, I think unsettled weather can keep you up. Know how old people say they feel the weather change in their bones? I think it affects our bodies in different ways.

In any case, I hope you sleep well tonight.