Tuesday, October 19, 2010

One of Those Days

Today was one of those days. Everything seemed to go wrong. The apartment we wanted was taken by someone else. I know we'll find something, but I had started making plans. I was daydreaming about that big kitchen and where I would hang things on the walls. I was feeling relieved that we could check one more thing off the list and fill out change of address forms. The little things that seem to be piling up.

And then, when I was finally leaving work, I discovered that I had locked my keys in the car. On days like today I just don't know what to do with myself. Work has been exhausting for months, and it's really starting to catch up with me. I'm having trouble sleeping, and rarely get more than 5 hours a night anymore. I'm just plain tired. I am incredibly fortunate to have the life that I have, but today I just want to have a pity party.

1 comment:

Amerikan Rambler said...

Hang in there, Bun. Less than two weeks until the election. We're gonna get an apartment soon, don't worry. You'll be cooking up a storm in MA before you know it!