Monday, December 6, 2010

A New England State of Mind

We are settled. Things are settling. We have a routine. He comes home at lunchtime every day. I have his sandwich ready with a small handful of chips, an apple and some sort of dessert. Sometimes I make cookies. It is comfortable and we are content. He tells me about work. We talk about random pieces of evidence from the Lindbergh baby kidnapping that he comes across while going through the collection that he's working on. I am trying not to let the anxieties of everyday life consume me. I do well most of the time. Learning to live together has been pretty simple. He is easy to live with. A little messy, perhaps, but I think I was too when I had a job to get up and go to every morning. I am more neurotic and he has adapted to my needs well. Other than small things it is like nothing ever changed.

1 comment:

Amerikan Rambler said...

A little messy? Baby Bun!!!