C and I went to Byrd Park on Sunday to try out the paddle boats. We had an okay time. My dad was right when he warned us that after about 5 minutes we would be ready to head back in. It's a small man-made lake and you rent the boats for $12/half hour. Sometime towards the end of our 30 minute ride my ID and debit card wormed themselves out of my pocket and into the lake. It's a very helpless feeling being without identification and access to your main bank account.
My new ID just arrived in the mail, and its a sideways license instead of the up and down license I've had since I was sixteen. I'm not sure if other states do it this way, but in Virginia if you're under 21 your license is read vertically. After you turn 21 (and renew your license) then you get one that's read horizontally. So now I have my grown-up license. In some way this solidifies my adulthood more than anything so far.
Thanks for making it official, DMV.
2 comments:
So old ... so very old....
I know, I know.
Post a Comment