I don't know what has been up with this week. I sleep, I work, I cook dinner. Repeat. Tuesday felt like it should have been Friday. C has a job interview in Raleigh in a couple of weeks. I think it is making time move slower. I have never been happier to see Thursday.
I've been doing research on Raleigh. It's fun learning about a new city. I think Raleigh would be a good fit. Even though I eventually want to be closer to C's family, moving north makes me anxious. I am the south. I am sweet tea and chicken and dumplings and a porch swing.
My mom got engaged on Monday. She's been with him for 5 months. C and I have been planning to get engaged longer than they've been together. To each his own.
It's Thursday, and that means C is coming over to my place tonight. We spend the week days at his apartment and Thursday - Sunday at mine. I like it when we're all at my apartment. It's easier for me to cook and I feel bad that the cats are alone most of the week. I'm glad C convinced me to get both of them so they can be each others friends.
Once, Stella got outside and we spent the entire weekend looking for her. Toby was so distressed he was trying to jump up the walls and running at the door and slamming himself in to it. We had to sedate him. I was so worried he was going to hurt himself. Stella spent two days under a storage unit behind my building. When we finally found her and got her home Toby hissed and swiped at her and they fought for a week.
We're taking Monday off and heading to the beach. Since I work on Saturday's I rarely get two consecutive days off. The summer is almost over and my skin is already getting lighter. I have to be so careful with C in the sun. His crazy Irish skin burns in minutes. I can't wait.
1 comment:
Irish and England skin, thank you very much.
I miss the hogs when we're away, too.
Post a Comment